Thought I update my blog, since I've not done so in awhile. I've not been very inspired to any form of creativity lately, probably due to the circumstances of life. Needless to say, things have not been great. Quite the contrary. Well, I suppose a blog is not just about all the good stuff in life. Let's face it, life is tough and sometimes we go through rough patches. The trouble is, things normally happen all at one go -- just like a tonne of bricks falling on my head! Within a month, I fell victim to a snatch thief, things got really crazy at work and I got really ill (haven't been this ill in a long time) -- just to name a few. Sigh... How will I survive?
In the light of all this, I've also been thinking. Thinking about the important things in life -- where I am heading, what I want to make out of my life, ultimately. I guess having experienced a man charging towards me with a long knife reminded me that life is short. To be honest, I realised that I'm not afraid of death. I mean, death is certain, for all of us, at some point. However, I feel like I'm "wasting" time at the moment, not really knowing where I am going and because of that, I run the risk of not having anything to show for at the end of my life. At the same time, I feel like I'm stuck at the moment, with nowhere to go. I've prayed to God and asked Him to show me some signs, any indication of what I should do next. It's been a slow trickle so far.
However, in the midst of all these madness, there were some encouraging things, and for that I'm grateful. I finally received my book of poetry -- yes, one of my poems got published. It kind of got me thinking that I should sit down and write more. Besides that, I've had friends who have showed much care and concern during this season of my life. Sometimes in the midst of darkness, there are little spurts of light. Ultimately, my comfort is in God alone. I'm slowly letting go of the madness, and letting God take over. My verse for this season is this:-
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."
-- Psalm 23:4
In the light of all this, I've also been thinking. Thinking about the important things in life -- where I am heading, what I want to make out of my life, ultimately. I guess having experienced a man charging towards me with a long knife reminded me that life is short. To be honest, I realised that I'm not afraid of death. I mean, death is certain, for all of us, at some point. However, I feel like I'm "wasting" time at the moment, not really knowing where I am going and because of that, I run the risk of not having anything to show for at the end of my life. At the same time, I feel like I'm stuck at the moment, with nowhere to go. I've prayed to God and asked Him to show me some signs, any indication of what I should do next. It's been a slow trickle so far.
However, in the midst of all these madness, there were some encouraging things, and for that I'm grateful. I finally received my book of poetry -- yes, one of my poems got published. It kind of got me thinking that I should sit down and write more. Besides that, I've had friends who have showed much care and concern during this season of my life. Sometimes in the midst of darkness, there are little spurts of light. Ultimately, my comfort is in God alone. I'm slowly letting go of the madness, and letting God take over. My verse for this season is this:-
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me."
-- Psalm 23:4

1 comment:
Hey..
Glad that you are taking things easy, just remember that you are not in this alone. He is there with you!
There's gonna be break through soon..
Post a Comment