"You know my sitting down and my rising up; You understand my thought afar off" (Psalm 139:2 NKJV)"
It is truly amazing that God knows everything about us -- what we like or dislike, what we hide from other people, what we fear, what we desire and what we think. Even a simple passing thought that flashes through our minds in seconds does not escape Him. Today I can testify to that.
I was having a meeting with a colleague from another department, going through some issues and figures, when he asked if I owned a model of an aircraft. I gave him a puzzled look and replied no. He promptly stood up and walked over to his cabinet, reached out for a box and handed it over to me. "Merry Christmas", he said. I thanked him and then looked at the box. Yes, it was a miniature version of a very large aircraft. It was quite a gift. The model even had little wheels below it. I was very surprised and very grateful.
But that was not all... I then realised that just a few days ago, I had this thought that flashed through my mind, "Hmm.. it would be nice to have a model of an aircraft." It was just a momentary thought, and I did not plan to do anything about it. I did not even pray or asked God for it -- after all, it was just a small, inconsequential thing. No big deal if I really got it or not. It was not important. I am truly amazed that God takes notice of my thoughts, even seemingly trivial ones like this, and this is the second time that such a thing has happened over the last three months. In the last instance, a good friend blessed me with some music. This time, someone I hardly know blessed me with a model of an aircraft. I am truly amazed, encouraged and blessed that God is interested in every little detail of my life, including my trivial thoughts. Although God is a big God, He knows every little thing.

1 comment:
hey, so totally cool. let me hv a look k? i've always liked planes. one of man's greatest inventions, in my opinion. hehe ...
Post a Comment