Saturday, April 29, 2006

May Day

Yes! The weekend is finally here -- a much awaited long one, as Monday is the day where we are all suppose to rest from our labours. I wonder why there is such a day as May day, or Labour day. Well, I found out its origins, which I shall not elaborate here -- go and do a Google search! No matter what it is, I am thankful, because I can finally catch up on my sleep (or so I think!). With all the activities lined up these 2 days, that goal can be quite challenging. The good thing is, on 1 May itself, I've not planned anything... yet. It's kind of a crazy dilemna, which I often face on normal weekday nights. If I were to do nothing, relax and sleep, I would feel restless, and even guilty that I had wasted my time. However, if I were to do something more productive or fill it with activities, I would feel tired and exhausted, and kick myself for not getting enough sleep. Hmm.. so what shall I do? I normally end up doing the latter, and suffer the aftermath. Even as I write this, my eyes are beginning to close -- it has been a long day, and will be an even longer one tomorrow.. hmm.. perhaps the 1st option will be my choice. It's a good feeling to have the luxury to make the choice and not be dictated by any demands. I'm probably thinking too much about this, and wasting my brain cells over this silliness... Yawn! I think I shall rest from my labours right about now...

No comments: