Tuesday, January 09, 2007

A New Year

It's a new year! Yes, a bit late.. 9 days have passed already. All the same, thought I make an entry here -- at the very least to "mark" it. New Year... so what? Life goes on, only the dates change, and people grow older. Sounds a bit cynical, but in some ways that's true. Not unless we plan to make it different.

It will be different. I guess every year is different, and we learn different things. We discover different things about ourselves and others. Some pleasant, some not so pleasant. Inevitably, we have to deal with those things. Many challenges lie ahead of me. Excitement and trepidation is the feeling. The most important thing I know is that I'm not alone, as God is with me. In that I find comfort, and some sanity. Sometimes it seems like he is far away. Perhaps it's me that's far away. Me the delinquent and indisciplined. Hmm... anyway, I'm determine to make some changes this year. God help me...! :)

No comments: